This delicious and fresh balsamic glazed salmon recipe doesn’t require lots of time or energy yet it still provides some healthy ingredients your family will love. Fresh strawberries and salmon are both rich in essential nutrients. Even better, it can be put together in less than a half an hour.
This recipe is courtesy of the Florida Strawberry Growers Association. We are delighted to share it here for Weekday Supper. You can find more of their delicious strawberry recipes on their website.
- 1½ lb salmon filet
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1½ cups diced strawberries
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 tbsp diced jalapeños
- 2 tbsp diced green onion
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- While the oven is preheating you can brush your salmon filet that you’ve placed on a baking sheet with a few coats of balsamic vinegar, making sure to save the majority of the balsamic for later. Season lightly with some salt and pepper then put in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While the salmon is baking you can begin working on the strawberry salsa. In a medium bowl mix the strawberries, cilantro, jalapeños, green onion and lime juice. Feel free to add a little salt and pepper to taste. Set the salsa in the refrigerator to chill until the salmon is ready to serve.
- Once the salmon is finished take it out of the oven and brush on the remaining balsamic vinegar. Top with a heaping serving of strawberry salsa and serve!
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
And sign up for our newsletter to get great recipes delivered right to your inbox every Thursday!