With Super Bowl Sunday this weekend, we couldn’t resist sharing a great appetizer recipe with you. If you love jalapeño poppers but find them a pain to make, you are going to love these jalapeño popper beef balls. Just like the original jalapeño poppers, they’re spicy, crunchy and cheesy, but these are much easier to make. And, best of all, they are also beefy!
Add Certified Angus Beef® brand ground chuck to your shopping list and make some jalapeño popper beef balls for your Game Day party.
- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® ground chuck
- 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon whole mustard seeds
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Frying oil as needed
- Dipping sauce - see Honey Lime Crème Fraiche
- Combine ground beef, cheese, jalapeños, salt, pepper and mustard seeds in a large mixing bowl. Portion by hand into 42 “popper” shape balls, approximately 1-ounce each.
- Crack and whisk eggs; put in a shallow dish. Combine bread crumbs and put in a second shallow dish.
- Prepare a pot with frying oil; heat to 325° F. Roll poppers in egg mix, 6-8 at a time, roll in bread crumbs; repeat. Deep fry 4 minutes in batches. Allow to dry on paper towels; serve warm with Honey Lime Crème Fraiche for dipping.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
And sign up for our newsletter to get great recipes delivered right to your inbox every Thursday!