Your family will love these brown sugar glazed cod tacos made with sugar, garlic and teriyaki sauce. Cod is a great protein choice and pile on the veggies! This recipe was first published in full on the blog Family Foodie. We are pleased to share it with you here for Weekday Supper.
One thing that I have always found is that my kids love to ‘build” their meals. This recipe for Brown Sugar Glazed Cod Tacos is the perfect #WeekdaySupper meal that the entire family can enjoy creating. The brown sugar glaze was the perfect way to introduce my kids to a fish that they would normally not be excited about but realized that they now love!
This #WeekdaySupper recipe is super easy, quick, nutritious and delicious. It’s also a great way to sneak veggies into a weeknight meal. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Remember, get creative and have fun with your toppings!
- 1 pound cod fillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce\6 to 8 flour tortillas
- grape tomatoes
- feta cheese
- fresh spinach
- onions, chopped
- Have fun with it!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place cod in baking dish and brush with olive oil on both sides.
- Combine the brown sugar, garlic and teriyaki sauce.
- Brush over the cod, until the cod has a nice coating of the sugar mixture.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes, until cod is cooked through and the sugar is bubbly.
- Meanwhile, slice the toppings that you would like to serve.
- Chop the cod and mix with the juices in the baking pan
- Set up a station and let everyone fill the tortillas with their favorite toppings.