Cheesy Penne with Turkey and Spinach is made with leftover turkey, perfect for a light and delicious supper in the days after Christmas. This recipe was first published in full on the blog Cosmopolitan Cornbread. We are pleased to share it with you here for Weekday Supper.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1½ cup cooked turkey, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup light cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ancho chile powder
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- To begin, in a Dutch oven cook a pound of penne pasta according to package directions. When the pasta is done cooking, scoop out a half cup of the pasta water and set it aside for now. Pour your pasta into the colander to drain.
- Back in the Dutch oven, drizzle in a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Add in the grated garlic and let it cook for just a minute.
- Add in the baby spinach and let it cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the diced turkey, light cream cheese and reserved pasta water. Let those melt all together.
- Stir in the salt, pepper and ancho chile powder.
- Add the pasta back into the pot ,along with the Parmesan cheese - stir it all together.
- Serve topped with a little extra Parmesan if you like.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.