Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Potstickers from Mad Hungry Family are a crisp treat full of creamy, nutty hazelnut spread, complemented with an extra sprinkling of orange sugar. This dessert will have make every member of your family clamoring for more!
Want your own copy of Mad Hungry Family – 120 Essential Recipes to Feed the Whole Crew? Make sure to scroll down and click on the rafflecopter to enter the lucky draw.
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- (from 1 orange) ½ cup sugar 16 wonton skins (thawed, if frozen) 1 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread,
- such as Nutella 2 tablespoons unsalted butter ¼ cup water Vanilla ice cream, for serving Peeled and separated segments from
- 1 orange (optional)
- Combine the orange zest and sugar and set aside.
- Lay the wonton skins on a work surface and spoon 1 scant tablespoon of the chocolate-hazelnut spread onto each.
- Brush the edges with water and then fold the skins to form half-moons or triangles. Press the moistened edges together to seal.
- Heat a 10-inch sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the butter and water and let the butter melt.
- Add the chocolate-filled wontons, cover, and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the cover and simmer until the liquid has evaporated.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the bottoms of the wontons become crisp and golden brown.
- Use a flat spatula to help release them from the pan. (They may stick at first, then release once they are ready.)
- Blot any butter with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle the orange-sugar mixture over the wontons and serve with ice cream and orange segments, if using.
A big thank you to Workman Publishing for sponsoring the giveaway and Weekday Supper! The participating bloggers were sent complimentary copies of Mad Hungry Family – 120 Essential Recipes to Feed the Whole Crew and will be compensated through Sunday Supper, LLC. As always, opinions are my own. Links to the book are affiliate links.
For the next two weeks, 10 Sunday Supper tastemakers will be sharing Mad Hungry Family recipes for Weekday Supper. Here’s the line up:
Monday – Straight-Talk Turkey from Family Foodie
Tuesday – HamJam Cheddar Puffs from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
Wednesday – Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Potstickers from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Thursday – Squash Gnocchi from Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Friday – Thanksgiving Leftover Pie from Meal Planning Magic
Monday – Fig and Pancetta Stuffing from My Life Cookbook
Tuesday – Yorkshire Pudding from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
Wednesday – Buttery Spiced Poached Pears from April GoLightly
Thursday – Upside-down Apple Tart from Alida’s Kitchen
Friday – Princely Potatoes from Crazed Mom
And we’ll be giving away 10 copies to our readers as part of a social media campaign sponsored by Workman Publishers. Links to Mad Hungry Family are affiliate links.
Want to learn more about Mad Hungry Family and connect with Lucinda Scala Quinn aka LSQ?
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Enter the lucky draw!
Leave a comment then click on the rafflecopter widget for more instructions on how to enter.