Make classic strawberry fool for April Fools Day and surprise your friends and family with a delicious strawberry treat, instead of a trick. But if you don’t want them to know how easy it is to make, we promise we’ll never tell. Add this to your must-make Sunday Supper recipe list!
This recipe is courtesy of the Florida Strawberry Growers Association. We are delighted to share it here for Weekday Supper. You can find more of their delicious strawberry recipes on their website.
- 1 pint strawberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rinse the fresh strawberries, here are some tips, then remove tops and slice the berries into ¼ inch slices. Sprinkle with half of the sugar and stir to macerate around 10-15 minutes.
- Place half the macerated strawberries and all the juice in a blender, and purée. Pour purée back in bowl with chopped strawberries.
- In a chilled bowl, whip the cream with the remaining sugar and vanilla until cream is stiff and holds peaks. Use a spatula to fold strawberries into the cream and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve, up to two hours. Garnish with fresh sliced strawberries.
- You can also crush graham crackers to add a little sweet crunch!
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
And sign up for our newsletter to get great Sunday Supper recipes delivered right to your inbox every Thursday!