Dinner on the table in under half an hour? Yes, you can! This tasty, easy one pot Creamy Sicilian Style Chicken Mushroom Skillet was originally published as part of a Sunday Supper sponsored by McCormick on Family Foodie. We are pleased to share it here for Weekday Supper.
Nothing makes this mama smile like when my older ones come home from college. I am one happy mom when the house is full and all six of us are sitting around the family table for Sunday Supper. The stories can go on and on for hours and we all giggle over confessions of high school days. Now that the older two are out of the house, they love to share all the things that they got away with when they were younger that mom and dad had no idea about. Or so they thought. We can sit and giggle for hours on end as our younger two hang on every word.
Ronnie has always loved anything made in a skillet, especially if it includes pasta. I couldn’t wait to surprise him with this Creamy Sicilian Style Chicken Mushrooms Ham Skillet. I had a feeling he would love it. What could be better than a creamy pink sauce with pasta, chicken and ham? Accordingly to Ronnie and our clan — not much.
The Creamy Sicilian Style Chicken Mushrooms Ham Skillet was a huge hit at our house. The best part about it — it was super easy to whip up and we loved the robust flavor of the McCormick’s Sicilian Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Garlic Skillet Sauce. Come to think of it, the truly best part about it was the fact that I prepared a great meal for my family in no time at all and it left more time to cherish the moments when all six of us are together.
- 1 pound Sea Shell Pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, I used baby bella mushrooms
- fresh ground sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked chicken, I used leftover roasted chicken but rotisserie chicken would also work
- 1 McCormick's Sicilian Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Garlic Skillet Sauce
- ¼ cup half and half
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh oregano, optional
- Cook the pasta according to directions on package.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the diced ham and mushroom. Cook for approximately 3 minutes while stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and McCormick's Sicilian Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Garlic Skillet Sauce. Simmer on low for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the half and half and stir until well blended.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese until mixed well. Sauce will be pink and creamy.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix well.
- Sprinkle with fresh oregano and garnish if desired.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.