No matter where you live in the United States, the first hint of fall isn’t the red leaves on trees or an occasional cool nip in the air, it’s the bright stadium lights on a Friday night. Yes, football season is here! If you are looking for some easy football food ideas and tips to up your game, this week our Sunday Supper Tastemakers have got you covered!
Easy Football Food Tips for Game Day
- Buffet tables are one of the easiest ways to go when throwing a party. Use team colors and banners to set the football theme! Put the table up against wall with an electrical outlet so you can keep your hot food warm in a slow cooker and let people serve themselves. (Check out the recipe for Buffalo Chicken Meatballs from Cooking on the Ranch.)
- Make ahead recipes that you can keep in your fridge for up to two days then reheat and assemble right before the game are some of the easiest ways to bring delicious football food to your table! (Check out the recipe for Cheesy Taco Dip from Monica’s Table.)
- Show your team spirit and serve your snack foods on themed paper plates and napkins! Use football flag picks to top some of your favorite finger foods. (Check out this recipe for Philly Cheesesteak Sliders from The Redhead Baker.)
- Along with the requisite wine, cold beer and soft drinks, up the party atmosphere by serving a colorful team mocktail like these from Beauty and the Beets.
Whether you are tailgating or in your own living room, easy football food means stuff that you can eat while mingling with others and cheering on your team. You won’t want to miss The Ultimate Taco Dip from Monica’s Table that you can just scoop up with chips, the finger-licking good Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings from Cosmopolitan Cornbread, Mexican Pizza from The Chef Next Door or a pot of tasty Black Bean Chili from Cricket’s Confections, just to name a few of the easy football food recipes coming your way on Sunday.
Join #SundaySupper on Twitter Sunday 7pmET for our fun chat. This week we’ll be talking about easy football food ideas for game day! Until then, take a peek at what everyone is bringing to the virtual table below.
FOOTBALL RIDDLE TIME: Q: How do football players stay cool during the game?A: They stand close to the fans!
Easy Football Food Ideas for Game Day
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Sausage Pizza Dip from Family Foodie
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.