Whether or not you love football, you have to admit the food is delicious! At Sunday Supper we love to throw a big game day party with lots of easy football recipes. The MVP of our football parties is always the Idaho® potato. This week our tastemakers are creating their best easy football recipes featuring Idaho® potatoes.
Everyone’s heard that Idaho grows the best potatoes, but do you know why?! Idaho’s growing season has warm days and cool nights that are perfect for potatoes. The volcanic soil in Idaho creates potatoes with the perfect texture for frying, boiling, roasting, and baking – it’s the most versatile vegetable. Did you know potatoes also make the best detectives? They do because their eyes are always peeled!
Potatoes are the perfect star for a football party because everyone loves potatoes! Forget the chicken wings and sliders, we’re all about the potato bar. A potato bar is the perfect easy potato recipe! It’s a fun and interactive way to feed your guests. Just set up the bar and then sit back and enjoy the big game with friends!
Tips For An Awesome Potato Bar
- Always use Idaho® potatoes for the fluffiest baked potato
- Be sure to have lots of topping for your baked potatoes: bacon, sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions, pulled pork, chili, queso, BBQ Sauce
- Use lots of different cooking methods – Idaho® potatoes are great baked, fried, roasted, or mashed. The more the merrier when it comes to variety on a potato bar!
- Serve different types of potatoes. Idaho grows more than just russet potatoes; there are also red, fingerling, and gold, just to name a few!
- Add some lighter options for those looking for healthier fare. Try a Greek yogurt potato salad or broccoli and cheese sauce to go on your baked potatoes
For more Idaho® potato inspiration be sure to follow them on social media:
Be sure to join us this Sunday as we share our best Easy Football recipes featuring Idaho® potatoes! We’ll be tweeting all things football at 7pmEST, you don’t want to miss it. Our Sunday Supper tastemakers are making everything from Bacon Potato Flatbreads to Potato Nacho Stacks.
Sunday Supper Easy Football Recipes
- Cajun Taters & Sausage by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cheesy Bacon Potato Bite-Sized Snacks by Life Tastes Good
- Fingerling Potato Bacon Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Potato Football Candy by Shockingly Delicious
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Potato “Wings” by Food Done Light
- Healthier Mashed Potato Bowls by Cooking Chat
- Persian Lamb Stuffed Potato Cakes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Potato Salad Tortilla Bowls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pulled Pork Potato Skins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Steak and Potato Pizza by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buffalo Smashed Potatoes by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Cheesy Sausage Stuffed Red Potatoes by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Cuban Garlic Mojo Potato Salad by Go Epicurista
- Tempura Cheesy Potato Balls by Cricket’s Confections
- Best Potato Wedges by Moore or Less Cooking
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Potato Bites by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Loaded Curly Fries with Gouda Cheese Sauce by Casa de Crews
- Potato and Chive Mini Waffles by My Life Cookbook
- Potato Blue Cheese Tartlets by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Potato Nacho Stacks by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Bacon Parmesan Potato Pavé Squares by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
And sign up for our newsletter to get great recipes delivered right to your inbox every Thursday!