Sunday Supper Tastemakers are getting our kids involved and sharing easy kid friendly recipes this week. Kids have all sorts of ideas about what they think makes a great meal and we’ve gathered some of their favorites in this fun collection of recipes.
I have three children, a daughter and two sons. Today, my kids are all young adults. When my kids were little, I firmly believed in getting them involved in the kitchen as soon as possible. Despite my efforts, my oldest was never really interested in cooking or baking. She was my picky eater, so many foods had no appeal to her. She is now on her own. I know she wishes she had spent more time learning the ropes. She often calls me with cooking questions or for recipes these days.
My boys, however, were always ready to help me in the kitchen. Now that they are older, they are able to make meals on their own. That is a priceless skill! And by meals, I don’t just mean boxed mac and cheese! My middle son makes a killer grilled chicken and my youngest, who is now a vegetarian, can make wonderful dishes without following a recipe. He uses his palate and the kitchen experience he gained as a child to guide him.
My youngest child was always the one who enjoyed helping me in the kitchen the most. I remember him pulling up a chair to the sink and washing mushrooms and celery many Thanksgiving mornings. I had grown to depend on my kids’ help in the kitchen as much as they relied on me teaching them the process. It was definitely a win-win situation. One of the best memories I have of my youngest son in the kitchen, is the one when we made French bread together. He was about thirteen years old. (Read all about how we made French Baguettes here.) The recipe remains one of my favorites to make. Of course, these days, my son can make baguettes without my help!
We’re sharing some of our favorite easy kid friendly recipes this week and you won’t want to miss it! With titles like S’mores Cheeseball from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes and Easy Chicken and Dumplings from Bottom Left of the Mitten, there are sure to be smiles on kids’ faces all across the nation (and adults too!). Don’t forget to join us for our always-fun twitter chat on Sunday night 7pm ET where we are going to be talking easy kid friendly recipes. Just follow along with #SundaySupper!
So lift up your forks and let’s have fun in the kitchen with our kids this week! Take a peek at what everyone is bringing to the virtual table!
- Dueling Gyozas – Pork vs. Tofu by Food Lust People Love
- Kid-Approved Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips by Dessert Geek
- S’mores Cheeseball by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Aunt Deborah’s Snickerdoodles by Family Around The Table
- Chocolate Frozen Custard by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Easy Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Easy Nutella Mousse by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Fairy Bread Funfetti Milkshakes by The Crumby Cake
- Grape Juice Jigglers by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gumdrop Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Cherry Popsicles by Pies and Plots
- Japanese Peach Boy Ice Cream by The Ninja Baker
- Mango Creamsicles by The Redhead Baker
- No-Cook Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream by Hardly A Goddess
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- S’mores Cheesecake by The Freshman Cook
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Cinnamon Pecan Ice Cream Sandwiches by The Chef Next Door
- Turtle Poke Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whoopie Pies by Monica’s Table
- Broccoli Cheese Soup by Wholistic Woman
- Corn Dog Muffins by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Deep Dish Pizza Casserole by My World Simplified
- Grilled Pizza Flatbread Bar by Momma’s Meals
- How to Set Up a Hot Dog Bar by An Appealing Plan
- Lobster Gnocchi by Caroline’s Cooking
- Madison’s Shrimp Lasagna Rolls by Life Tastes Good
- Orecchiette Pasta with Creamy Alfredo Sauce by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Pasta Quattro Formaggi by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Mac and Cheese by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Spaghetti and Meatball Casserole by Cooking with Carlee
- Tuna Salad Grinders by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Caprese Quesadillas by Simple and Savory
- Maple Brown Sugar Granola Clusters by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Waffle Parfait by Our Good Life
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.