Move over chicken. When it comes to Sunday Supper recipes we’re all about the pork chops this week. This other white meat adapts to so many flavor combinations and cooks quickly for when you’re short on time. Check out this list of amazing Easy Pork Chop Recipes our Sunday Supper tastemakers have put together.
When it comes to pork products, bacon and sausage dominate the breakfast scene. A big ham is popular around Easter or Christmas, but when it’s time for a Sunday Supper Recipe, we love pork chops. For years pork chops had a bad reputation as a dry bland protein. However, that is just because often they are overcooked. Unlike chicken, pork does not need to be cooked through. In fact, according to the USDA, the safe internal cooking temperature for pork chops is 145°F or 63°C! When you cook your easy pork chop recipes to this temperature they come out so moist and delicious!
Ways To Cook Pork Chops:
- Grill – This is a great way to cook this lean cut without adding lots of additional fat. A boneless pork chop will cook on the grill in under 30 minutes!
- Braise – Cooking them low and slow is a perfect way to make tender pork chops. You can even do this in the slow cooker for a no stress meal
- Sauté – Pork chops are generally cut fairly thin, making them perfect for a quick skillet meal. Just add some veggies for a one pot dish!
- Roast – Did you know you can buy pork chops in roast form? Instead of one chop, buy a whole roast. Pork roasts are generally fairly cheap, perfect for hosting a dinner party on a budget.
- Fry – Probably the least healthy way to cook pork chops. But lean meats are perfect for frying, so swap out your boring fried chicken with some tasty fried pork!
Often times people fall in ruts with pork chops, and cook them the same way over and over again. We challenge you to break your routine with this list of easy pork chop recipes. The Sunday Supper tastemakers are sharing everything from richer dishes like Fontina Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce to some lighter dishes like Grilled Boneless Pork Chops with Broccoli Rabe. Be sure to join in the twitter chat on February 19th at 7pmEST to learn even more about delicious pork chops!
Easy Pork Chop Recipes
- Braised Orange Tomato Pork Chops by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Braised Pork Chops with Country Gravy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Breakfast Chops by Palatable Pastime
- Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops by My Sweet Savings
- Chili Rubbed Pork Chops with Apricot Ginger Glaze by Life Tastes Good
- Cider Braised Pork Chops with Apple and Rutabaga by Caroline’s Cooking
- Creamy Apple Pork Chops by Savory Experiments
- Easy Cilantro Lime Pork Chops by Cooking Chat
- Easy One Pan Oven Roasted Pork Chops by Pies and Plots
- Easy Oven Baked & Breaded Pork Chops by Hardly A Goddess
- Fontina Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Fried Pork Chops by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Grilled Boneless Pork Chops with Broccoli Rabe by Simple and Savory
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Strawberry Balsamic Glaze by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Indian-Spiced Pork Chop Potato Skillet by Sunday Supper Movement
- Japanese-Style Pork Chops Tonkatsu by Asian In America
- Mom’s Cornflake Pork Chops by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mushroom Smothered Pork Chops over Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
And More Pork Chops
- One Pan Pesto Pork Chops by Cricket’s Confections
- Pork & Peppers Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Pork Chops Dijonnaise by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pork Chops with Dirty Rice by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Pork Chops, Peperoncini and Potatoes by Tramplingrose
- Prosciutto Wrapped Brie and Onion Stuffed Pork Chops by The Freshman Cook
- Quick Brine Pork Chops with Brown Sugar Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Quick Easy Maple Glazed Pork Chops by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Skillet Tuscan Pork Chops by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops by Big Bear’s Wife
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spicy Maple-Glazed Pork Chops with Jalapeno Cheese Grits by The Weekend Gourmet
- Vietnamese Grilled Pork Chop by Brunch-n-Bites
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.