It’s National Sunday Supper month and we’re celebrating by returning to our roots. This week our #SundaySupper tastemakers are giving us their best Easy Supper Recipes. Each week we encourage you to join together with your family to share a meal. This week we’re sharing those recipes near and dear to our hearts.
Can you believe it has been five years since the first #SundaySupper? Five years ago this month Family Foodie joined together with eight other bloggers for the first Sunday Supper Twitter chat. They each created a recipe for a #SundaySupper meal starting with appetizers and ending with dessert. Now this tradition has grown, and thousands of recipes have been contributed by so many incredible bloggers!
A Brief #SundaySupper History:
- Sunday Supper is grounded in the mission to bring back Sunday Supper around the family table in every home. It starts off as one day a week and soon becomes a way of life.
- Our founder, Isabel Laessig, has been blogging at Family Foodie since 2011.
- As #SundaySupper continued to grow, the Food Wine Conference was born as a way to bring all the Sunday Supper tastemakers together to grow as a community.
- From #SundaySupper Twitter chats came #SundaySupper Live. A great way for bloggers to connect with the brands, farmers, and producers the products they love to work with.
- January 2016 #SundaySupper reached a record high of 8 million weekly followers.
With all this growth we think it’s important to reflect on where we began. The desire to spread the Sunday Supper mission across the nation. And now we have our sights on the world. This week our tastemakers have returned to that mission creating everything from cranberry orange pot roast to extra cheesy stuffed shells. Don’t miss out on all the fun as we kick off the New Year with these Easy Supper Recipes, Sunday, January 1st at 7pm EST.
Easy Supper Recipes
- Chicken Enchiladas by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Chicken Scarpariello by Sunday Supper Movement
- Honey Mustard Chicken & Rice Pilaf by Wholistic Woman
- Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts and Vegetables by Simple and Savory
- Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Roast Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Bucatini with Spinach Pesto by The Chef Next Door
- Chicken Marsala Lasagna Rollups by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Extra Cheesy Stuffed Shells by Positively Stacey
- Quick Chicken Piccata by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Mustard Pork Tenderloin by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cheesy Oven Omelette With Ham by Cricket’s Confections
- Cranberry Orange Pork Roast by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Sweet and Garlicky Slow Cooker Pulled Pork by Family Foodie
Sheet Pan Suppers
- Dijon Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner by Casa de Crews
- Ranch Sheet Pan Pork Dinner by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs Provencal Style by Delaware Girl Eats
Soup and Sandwich Suppers
- Chicken and Cheese Pita Sandwiches by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Chili by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Chicken Marinara Panini by The Freshman Cook
Stove Top Suppers
- Arroz con Coco y Lentejas – Coconut Rice with Lentils by Food Lust People Love
- Asian Tuna Noodle Bowls by Cooking Chat
- Haluski (Cabbage and Noodles) by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Healthy Quinoa Japanese Donburi Bowl by NinjaBaker.com
- One Pot Braised Lamb Shoulder Chops and Vegetables by Caroline’s Cooking
- Slow Cooker Chicken Ratatouille Stew by My Life Cookbook
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.