Move over bread bowls, because there’s a healthier, tastier version in town: Chili Stuffed Acorn Squash! Stuff your chili in an acorn squash bowl, with all the smoky, spicy flavor made super quick and easy using McCormick’s Skillet Sauces.
This recipe was first published in full on the blog Cupcakes & Kale Chips as part of a campaign for McCormick. We are pleased to share it with you here for Weekday Supper.
- 2 acorn squash, cut in half and seeds removed
- Olive oil
- 1 package McCormick Fire Roasted Garlic Chili Skillet Sauce
- 1 pound ground turkey or turkey breast
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (14½ ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 ounces or about ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, avocado, tortilla chips, etc. for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with olive oil; set aside.
- Cut each acorn squash in half, then scoop out and discard the seeds. Brush each cut half with ¼ teaspoon olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast the squash cut side down until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- While the squash is baking, prepare the chili by first placing a skillet over medium high heat, and adding the ground turkey, breaking up as it cooks until fully cooked through.
- Stir in Fire Roasted Garlic Chili Skillet Sauce, beans and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until the squash is ready.
- Fill each squash half with chili, top with cheese, and return to the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Serve with sour cream or Greek yogurt, avocado, tortilla chips, or any other toppings, as desired.
If you are looking for more inspiration for easy dinners with McCormick’s Skillet Sauces, make sure you follow McCormick’s Easy Skillet Dinners Pinterest board!
You can find more information on McCormick’s website, become a fan of theirs on Facebook, see what inspires them on Pinterest, and check out their images on Instagram!
This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.