This steak salad bowl features flap steak atop mixed greens laced with fresh herbs for a fast, easy, lively weekday supper. Tuck some seasonal apple, pear and firm persimmon slices in there, like little jewels, and you have a satisfying dinner that’s also a looker.
- 1 to 1¼ pounds flap steak (also called flap meat; or use skirt steak or flank steak)
- 10 to 12 ounces or so mixed salad greens
- Fresh herbs such as Italian parsley, dill, and basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons Mustard Jar Vinaigrette dressing (or use extra virgin olive oil and white balsamic vinegar)
- 1 firm Bosc pear, cored and sliced
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 1 firm Fuyu persimmon, stemmed and sliced
- Garnish: Snipped fresh chives, heirloom cherry tomatoes, or perhaps sliced colored mini bell peppers
If you’re looking for more quick and easy Weekday Supper recipes, check out our current Weekday Supper Menu, or drop by our Weekday Supper Pinterest board for more ideas.
This post is sponsored by The Beef Checkoff in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are those of the individual bloggers.