December is the most wonderful time of the year and not just because of the holidays. We love December because that means Florida Strawberry season is in full swing. From November until the spring, juicy red berries are available up and down the east coast. Therefore, this week our tastemakers are sharing their best Fresh Strawberry Recipes.
The holidays are all about food, so we love that one of our favorite foods is in season during the holiday season. So many holiday recipes are heavy and unhealthy, but strawberries, on the other hand, can help to lighten up these holiday dishes. Strawberries are such a versatile ingredient making it easy to feature fresh strawberry recipes for any of your holiday courses. From appetizers to sides and entrees, and, of course, desserts. There are so many delicious ways to use these beautiful berries. Not only do they provide a delicious flavor, but they come with added health benefits as well.
Health Benefits of Strawberries
- Eight juicy strawberries have more vitamin C than an orange. Vitamin C is an extremely powerful antioxidant that is important for healthy skin, bones, and connective tissue.
- Strawberries are virtually a fat-free food and are also low in calories with about 45 calories per serving.
- Strawberries are a good source of magnesium. Magnesium helps create energy and is also known to reduce anxiety levels.
- Studies show that strawberries help reduce the risks of some cancers and heart disease.
- Strawberries are packed with potassium. Potassium is an electrolyte that helps counteract the effects sodium and is vital for the heart and blood stream.
With all these health benefits it’s no wonder we love our Florida strawberries! Be sure to feature them this holiday season and join us on Sunday, December 11th, 2016 at 7 p.m. ET for our Twitter chat. Until then, scroll down to check out the great list of fresh strawberry recipes created by our east coast tastemakers.
If you love Florida Strawberries, you must enter their huge giveaway! Submit a fabulous photo with Florida strawberries and receive a free Florida Strawberry cap plus get entered for a chance to win the grand prize! Grand Prize – A three-night stay for four at the Guy Harvey Outpost – a TradeWinds Beach Resort – on St. Pete Beach in Florida. Winners will also be treated to the “Swim with the Fishes” experience at RumFish Grill – where they can snorkel in the 33,500 gallon aquarium built by Wayde King and Brett Raymer of Animal Planet’s hit series, “Tanked.” PLUS, a personal tour of a strawberry farm in Plant City, Florida – the Winter Strawberry Capital!
Post as many pictures of yourself showing us your Florida strawberries as you want to increase your chances of winning the grand prize. The winner will be hand selected, so have fun with your pictures and be creative! You can enter directly on the Florida Strawberry website or post your favorite pictures on social media using the hashtag #FLStrawberryCap. Click here for the Official contest rules.
Sweet and savory, from appetizers to desserts, fresh strawberry recipes are perfect for your holiday table. Don’t miss out! Be sure to enter the #FLStrawberryCap giveaway and win a free trip to sunny Florida to tour the Florida Strawberry fields! #FLStrawberry #SundaySupper
21 Fresh Strawberry Recipes for the Holidays
- Balsamic Strawberry Brie Bites by Casa de Crews
- Roasted Strawberry Chipotle Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Savory Strawberry Crostini by Cooking Chat
- Strawberry Apple Salsa by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Strawberry Hummus by The Freshman Cook
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries by Desserts Required
- Classic Eton Mess by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fresh Strawberry Pie by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Goopy Goop – A Healthy Strawberry Sauce by Cricket’s Confections
- Strawberry Bundt Cake by Caroline’s Cooking
- Strawberry Layer Cake with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting by Family Around The Table
- Grilled Balsamic Strawberry & Chicken Kabobs by Books n’ Cooks
- Grilled Fish Topped with Strawberry Salsa by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spicy Strawberry BBQ Shredded Chicken by The Crumby Cupcake
- Strawberry and Arugula Pizza by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Strawberry Balsamic Brie Grilled Cheese by Authentically Candace
- Strawberry Almond Couscous by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Bread by An Appealing Plan
- Strawberry Bruschetta Side Salad by April Golightly
- Strawberry Coleslaw by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Pecan Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
And sign up for our newsletter to get great recipes delivered right to your inbox every Thursday!