Use gluten free soy sauce and balsamic to make this delicious flank steak salad with mixed greens tossed in a balsamic dressing. The steak can be marinated ahead of time and actual cooking time is only 16 minutes!
This flank steak salad is easy to produce in larger quantities, and is perfect as a creative alternative to the standard salad. Lean beef, like flank steak, is a great source of protein. It’s the perfect addition that takes a salad from side plate to main dish.
- 8 ounces mixed greens
- 2 carrots
- ¼ cup almonds
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound flank steak
- ½ cup gluten free soy sauce
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- In a gallon zip lock bag, combine the steak, sauce, and vinegar. Seal air tight and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat, and cook the steak about 8 minutes per side. Let the steak rest for 5 minutes.
- In a serving bowl, toss the greens, almonds and cheese together.
- Peel the skin from the carrots and cut into thin strips. Toss into the salad.
- Cut the steak into strips and arrange on top of the salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and vinegar together. Drizzle over the steak.
This tasty flank steak salad was originally published on Gluten Free Crumbley and we are delighted to share it here as part of Weekday Supper. If you are cooking gluten free, Gluten Free Crumbley is a great source for delicious recipes of all sorts, both sweet and savory!
You might also enjoy:
- Sirloin Steak with Bacon Balsamic Sauce
- Gluten Free Lasagna
- Gluten Free Meatballs with Homemade Sauce
Looking for more delicious Weekday Supper recipes? It’s easy to find them. All you have to do is search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media and this website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.