Grilled cheese is a childhood favorite, a classic that many of us as adults still turn to for comfort food. The best part about a grilled cheese sandwich is that you can add just about anything to it to make it more interesting! The grilled cheese sandwich is one of those foods that’s easy to experiment with and even more fun to eat. This week, our tastemakers are here to reinvent the classic with their gourmet grilled cheese sandwich recipes. These Sunday Supper recipes are sure to inspire you to get creative with your next grilled cheese sandwich!
When it comes to grilled cheese sandwiches, you can add just about any ingredient you would like. Herbs such as basil, rosemary, or thyme are choice options when paired with mozzarella, gouda, or ricotta. You can add leafy greens such as arugula or spinach, both of which would pair well with goat cheese on a crispy, hard bread; there’s even the option to use balsamic, strawberries, and powdered sugar to make a breakfast or dessert grilled cheese. You could even take other recipes and make them into grilled cheese sandwiches, such as fried green tomatoes or jalapeño poppers. Needless to say, there are endless opportunities to make your own incredible gourmet grilled cheese sandwich recipes!
Now that you have plenty of ideas to make your own gourmet grilled cheese, you might be wondering what to pair it with! Fresh soup is the ideal choice for a classic grilled cheese, but with our Sunday Supper recipes, there are many more options to consider. How about giving these a try with your gourmet grilled cheese sandwich recipes…
Pairings for Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes
- Wine: Cheese and wine are a classic combination – and the same can be applied to gourmet grilled cheeses!
- Soup: Soup might be the first thing that comes to mind when wondering what to pair with grilled cheese. Try something different, like black beans or even chili!
- Dipping sauces: Many of our Sunday Supper recipes have their own sauces, but if you’re wanting to experiment, try sauces such as balsamic, Dijon mustard, or even marinara!
Feeling inspired? Give making your own gourmet grilled cheese sandwich recipes a try! Be sure to tweet with us this Sunday, April 23rd, at 7 PM EST to tell us all about it — our tastemakers are going to be in a gourmet grilled cheese mood, and will be sharing their own ideas and fun!
Sunday Supper Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes
Not Your Average ‘Wiches
- Inside Out BBQ Ribs Grilled Cheese by The Freshman Cook
- Mozzarella Stick Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
- Potato Patty Grilled Cheese Bites by Sunday Supper Movement
- Ramen Grilled Cheese by Palatable Pastime
Protein Filled ‘Wiches
- Avocado Bacon Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Crazed Mom
- Bacon Cheddar Grilled Chip Butty by Tramplingrose
- Grilled Dill Havarti and Salmon by My World Simplified
- Grilled Liz Lemon Sandwich by Cricket’s Confections
- How to Make Reuben Paninis by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Shrimp and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Sprinkles and Sprouts
Sweet and Savory ‘Wiches
- Applewood Gouda and Pear Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bacon, Apple, Brie Panini by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Monte Cristo with Fresh Blackberry Sauce by A Mind “Full” Mom
Veggie Loaded ‘Wiches
- Apricot Poblano Grilled Cheese Sandwich by My Life Cookbook
- Arugula Basil Pesto Grilled Cheese by Helpful Homemade
- Caprese Grilled Eggplant Roll Ups by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Brie With Smoky Portobellos and Caramelized Onions by Simple and Savory
- Banana FluffaNutella Grilled Cheese by Soulfully Made
- Strawberry French Toast Grilled Cheese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- The Ultimate Doughnut Grilled Cheese by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.