It’s grilling season! These succulent Grilled Lamb Chops with Mustard Rosemary and Garlic will delight your family with their tenderness and flavor!
Years ago, we were visiting my parents for Easter. Growing up, leg of lamb wasn’t an uncommon Easter entrée. My mom would stud it with slivers of garlic before roasting then she’d serve it with that Day-Glo green mint jelly. But the hubby’s family tradition was ham.. Lamb was never on the menu. In fact, I’m not sure he had ever tasted lamb before that holiday. I crossed my fingers and hoped that he wouldn’t need to drown it in ketchup to choke it down. The carnivore in him prevailed, and he loved it.
Fast forward a few years. One of my friends recommended Julia Child’s leg of lamb recipe, which was basically a rub of garlic, mustard, lemon juice, soy and herbs. Since grill season was in full force, I decided to buy some lamb chops, marinate them this concoction and have the hubby grill them to a perfect medium rare. No mint jelly needed, though it was no surprise that my sidekick did get out the ketchup!
So next time you see some lovely lamb chops at the market, you’ll definitely want to snatch them up, marinate them overnight and then fire up your grill. You’ll have a flavorful meal featuring grilled lamb chops with mustard, rosemary and garlic.
Your family will be clamoring for these Grilled Lamb Chops with Mustard Rosemary and Garlic!
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Olive oil
- 6-8 lamb chops
- Mix all ingredients with enough olive oil to make a good paste. Cover lamb chops with this marinade and let rest in the fridge up to overnight.
- Grill to desired temperature and serve.
- Note that there is a marinating time in addition to the cooking time
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bring our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
And sign up for our newsletter to get great Sunday Supper recipes delivered right to your inbox every Thursday!
Love lamb? Check out these Sunday Supper Recipes:
- Irish Cheddar Potatoes with Parsley Pesto Lamb
- Lamb and Fresh Tomato Curry
- Rack of Lamb with Strawberry Mint Glaze