Easy-to-make savory-sweet snacks or appetizers made with frozen puff-pastry dough, tangy mustard, sharp cheddar cheese, ham and a sweet jam flavor of your choice, these tasty HamJam Cheddar Puffs are from Mad Hungry Family by Lucinda Scala Quinn.
Want your own copy of Mad Hungry Family – 120 Essential Recipes to Feed the Whole Crew? Make sure to scroll down and click on the rafflecopter to enter the lucky draw.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed according to package instructions
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 to 5 ounces ham, cut into 18 matchsticks (about ¼ inch wide by 3 inches long)
- ⅓ cup favorite jam (I like apricot)
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF with the rack in the center position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, foil, or a silicone baking pad.
- Roll out the puff pastry to a 12-inch square. Brush the mustard over the entire surface of the pastry and sprinkle with the cheese and pepper. Cut the dough into thirds and then into thirds again to make 9 squares. Cut each square in half diagonally to make 18 triangles.
- Place a piece of ham on the lower third of each triangle, add a small spoonful
- of jam, and roll up. Place each bundle seam side down on the lined baking sheet. Whisk together the egg and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Brush each bundle with egg wash and bake until golden brown, 16 to 18 minutes. Serve immediately.
A big thank you to Workman Publishing for sponsoring the giveaway and Weekday Supper! The participating bloggers were sent complimentary copies of Mad Hungry Family – 120 Essential Recipes to Feed the Whole Crew and will be compensated through Sunday Supper, LLC. As always, opinions are my own. Links to the book are affiliate links.
For the next two weeks, 10 Sunday Supper tastemakers will be sharing Mad Hungry Family recipes for Weekday Supper. Here’s the line up:
Monday – Straight-Talk Turkey from Family Foodie
Tuesday – HamJam Cheddar Puffs from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
Wednesday – Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Potstickers from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Thursday – Squash Gnocchi from Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Friday – Thanksgiving Leftover Pie from Meal Planning Magic
Monday – Fig and Pancetta Stuffing from My Life Cookbook
Tuesday – Yorkshire Pudding from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
Wednesday – Buttery Spiced Poached Pears from April GoLightly
Thursday – Upside-down Apple Tart from Alida’s Kitchen
Friday – Princely Potatoes from Crazed Mom
And we’ll be giving away 10 copies to our readers as part of a social media campaign sponsored by Workman Publishers. Links to Mad Hungry Family are affiliate links.
Want to learn more about Mad Hungry Family and connect with Lucinda Scala Quinn aka LSQ?
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Enter the lucky draw!
Leave a comment then click on the rafflecopter widget for more instructions on how to enter.