This easy to make hot and sweet cranberry curry chicken is bursting with tart cranberries and real chicken broth! Eat it plain like a soup, mop it up with some bread or spoon it over rice for a hearty, healthy meal!
This recipe was first published in full on the blog Sue’s Nutrition Buzz as part of a social media campaign for Perdue®. We are pleased to share it with you here for Weekday Supper.
- 3 pounds Perdue boneless chicken breast
- 2 cups PERDUE® Low Sodium Signature Chicken Stock
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 4 pods garlic
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut chicken into cubes
- Heat oil, add sliced onion, ginger, garlic, cranberries and sauté 3-5 minutes till onions turn translucent
- Blend the above mixture, adding a little chicken half cup stock to get a smooth paste.
- Transfer mixture back to fire and add curry powder and turmeric. Sauté 3-4 minutes till oil floats on top
- Add chicken, salt, 1 cup of stalk and cook covered for 10 minutes till chicken is tender. Open lid and cook uncovered adding stalk till you get the consistency you require. Add dried cranberries, cilantro and simmer for 5 minutes
- Eat like a soup, with some Indian bread or spooned over rice
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
We are partnering with Perdue® to present quick and easy meals using their new Signature Chicken Stock. Learn more about Perdue, including The Perdue Way, Where to Buy, Recipes and Tips From the Kitchen, at http://www.perdue.com/ Learn more about PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock here: http://www.perduechickenstock.com/. Join the Perdue Crew to get some pretty sweet rewards. http://www.perduecrew.com/. For even more inspiration, follow the Perdue Pinterest board. You can connect with Perdue on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.
I received PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock from Perdue in conjunction with a sponsored social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.