We are thinking ahead to Christmas leftovers. If you’ve got turkey, you’ll definitely want to make this fabulous Hot Brown Pasta Bake which was first shared in full at A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We are pleased to share it here for #WeekdaySupper.
I’ve taken the tasty flavors of my favorite leftover turkey dish, Hot Browns, and turned it into a delicious pasta casserole. Think mac ‘n cheese with turkey, bacon, and tomatoes. It will be your new favorite leftovers recipe!
- 2 cups chopped, cooked turkey
- 14 ounces canned tomatoes, drained
- 8 ounces cooked, short pasta
- 1½ cup fat free cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place chopped turkey, canned tomatoes, and cooked pasta in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place the milk in a small saucepan. Add the flour and nutmeg and combine with a whisk. Bring to a boil and then simmer until thickened; about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in ½ cup cheddar cheese until melted. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, and mustard powder and stir to combine.
- Pour the milk mixture over the turkey mixture and stir well to combine.
- Fold in the crumbled bacon and pour the mixture into a casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake in your preheated oven, covered, for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove cover, top with remaining cheese and bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.