Create a potato dish inspired by this French-Canadian classic. What is poutine? It is a comfort dish comprised of french fries, brown gravy, and cheese curds. There is no requirement to fry the potatoes, in fact, we welcome creative ways of cooking potatoes for new interpretations of poutine.
DEADLINE: January 31 2016
1st Prize — $500 + Food Wine Conference ticket
2nd Prize — $200 + Food Wine Conference ticket
3rd Prize — $100 + Food Wine Conference ticket
HOW TO ENTER:
- Develop an original recipe for poutine-inspired recipe using Idaho® potatoes. It cannot be an adapted recipe.
- Publish a blog post with the recipe between January 1st through 31st.
- Include information on this contest and the Food Wine Conference in your blog post.
- Share your blog post on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest*, and Instagram between January 1-31, 2016 using the hashtags #SundaySupper and #FWCon
- Enter your submission into the form below.
Idaho Potato Commission representatives will select the winning recipe from all eligible entries. They will disqualify previously published recipes, such as but not limited to those in cookbooks, in magazines, from food companies, on food blogs, or recipe websites, and winners in cooking contests, unless the recipe features changes they consider significant.
The winners will be notified confidentially prior to the conference. The winners will be announced publicly at the conference. Winners must be in attendance at the conference to receive the prizes.
- Recipes must use fresh Idaho® potatoes; minimum of 1/2 of a russet per portion or 2 ounces per person of reds, yellows, or fingerlings.
- Recipe must be the original creation of entrant. Recipe may not have been previously published or otherwise owned, sold or conveyed to a third party, may not have won previous awards, must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. Winner will be required to certify, on information or belief, that their recipe is their original creation.
- Contest is open to entrants who are Food Wine Conference attendees 18 years of age or older and not an employee, officer, director or agent of the Idaho Potato Commission and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies and members of their immediate family.
This contest has ended.