Nothing could be easier for a quick Weekday Supper than flatbread piled high with some of our favorite ingredients. Which in the Sunday Supper recipe book means Certified Angus Beef® sirloin, vegged out with tomatoes, olive tapenade and frisée lettuce. Try this Mediterranean Steak Flatbread and see if you aren’t immediately adding it to your list of favorite Sunday Supper recipes too!
Recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef® brand. We are delighted to share it here for Weekday Supper. Find more of their wonderful #BestBeef recipes at https://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/recipes
- 1 16-ounce Certified Angus Beef® top sirloin steak
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 pre-baked naan bread or similar flatbread
- ½ cup olive tapenade
- ½ cup grated or hand-shaved Parmesano Reggiano cheese
- 2 heads frisée lettuce, outer dark green leaves removed, ripped in bite size pieces
- Preheat grill to medium high and place a cast iron pan or grill vegetable basket on the grill. Season steak with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Toss tomatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place tomatoes in hot pan, stirring occasionally, until soft and beginning to blister, about 2 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Grill steak in cast iron or directly on grate to desired doneness (125°-130°F for medium rare). Remove from grill and let rest.
- Reduce grill temperature to medium. Brush naan on both sides with remaining olive oil and crisp on grill, 1 minute per side.
- Slice steak thinly against the grain.
- Spread naan with olive tapenade and top with blistered tomatoes, steak, frisée and parmesan. If desired, drizzle lightly with additional olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Slice and serve.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.