I’ve made this one-pot dish over a hundred times and was inspired to make it again with the new PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock. And if you still have Thanksgiving leftovers, you can easily adapt this Moroccan-Style Chicken to use some of that turkey! You’ll want to pin it for after Christmas.
This recipe was first published in full on the blog kimchi MOM as part of a social media campaign for Perdue®. We are pleased to share it with you here for Weekday Supper.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs (or chicken breast), cubed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup diced carrots
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup chopped dates
- ¼ cup currants or raisins
- 2 cups PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock
- 1 cup couscous
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, a pinch of kosher salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook until the meat is no longer pink. Add carrots and onions and cook until the onions are softened and translucent.
- Add the cinnamon, cardamom, turmeric, and cumin. Stir until chicken is coated. Add the dates, currants, and the PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock. Raise the heat to high and bring to a boil and let boil for about 1 minute. Take the saucepan off the heat and immediately add the couscous and stir. Cover, and let stand for about 20 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add lemon juice and fluff the couscous with a fork.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
And sign up for our newsletter to get great recipes delivered right to your inbox every Thursday!
We are partnering with Perdue® to present quick and easy meals using their new Signature Chicken Stock. Learn more about Perdue, including The Perdue Way, Where to Buy, Recipes and Tips From the Kitchen, at http://www.perdue.com/ Learn more about PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock here: http://www.perduechickenstock.com/. Join the Perdue Crew to get some pretty sweet rewards. http://www.perduecrew.com/. For even more inspiration, follow the Perdue Pinterest board. You can connect with Perdue on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.
I received PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock from Perdue in conjunction with a sponsored social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.