At Sunday Supper, our goal is take some of the mystery out of cooking. Our team of tastemakers does this every week by experimenting in their home kitchens. Their tinkering has resulted in hundreds of recipes and tonight’s celebration of National Moscato Day adds many more to the archive. And not only that, but the team is offering lots of ways to pair Gallo Family Vineyards red, white and pink Moscato with a variety of dishes.
Gallo Family Vineyards, the founder of the May 9 celebration, makes a white version of this Old Word wine along with Pink Moscato and Red Moscato The hallmarks of Moscato are sweet and fruity overtones. Peach and apricot predominate.
When thinking about using wine with cooking, consider the weight of the wine (this one is light) and what those flavors go with otherwise. Pork is a good partner with fruits, especially stone fruits, so it makes sense that Moscato would be a fine deglazing wine for skillet pork chops and also tasty in a sauce to accompany. Roasted chicken would be well complemented with a peach sauce fueled by this fruity wine. Poach peaches in Moscato and serve them with a luscious cinnamon-spiked whipped cream. Making white sangria? Moscato is a good fit, especially if you float some peach slices in the pitcher along with apple.
Red Moscato, also good for sangria, has strong berry overtones. Think raspberries and cherries. Then think chocolate. The pairing of Red Moscato with chocolate desserts is lovely.
- Mixed Berry Moscato Smoothie by Casa de Crews
- Moscato Pink Lemonade by Life Tastes Good
- Sparkling Strawberry Grapefruit Moscato Punch by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Summer Berry Sangria by One Sweet Mess
- Moscato Marinated Grapes by Nosh My Way
- Spicy Hummus with Jalapeno Cilantro Salsa by Recipe for Perfection
- Chorizo Carbonara by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Duck with Moscato Peach Sauce by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Blackened Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Moscato Fruit Salsa by Simply Healthy Family
- Halibut en Papillote with Moscato-Onion Jam by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Honey Walnut and Blue Cheese Shrimp with Sweet Potato Noodles by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Leek Moscato Chicken by Shockingly Delicious
- Pineapple Avocado Spinach Salad by Family Foodie
- Berry Peach Citrus Crisp by Desserts Required
- Donauwelle Kuchen (Danube Wave Cake) by Magnolia Days
- Moscato Mixed Berry Pie by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Moscato Pudding Parfaits by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Moscato White Chocolate Sabayon with Raspberries by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Basil Upside Down Cake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts by Alida’s Kitchen
Celebrating Moscato Day on the Sunday Supper Movement Website
More on Gallo Family Vineyards: Follow them on social media to keep up the latest on their happenings and wines. Here are quick links to GFV’s profiles: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. The Gallo Family Vineyards website has lots of information on their wines plus wine & food pairings and a handy store locator.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.