Are you ready to close out the summer season? For many, Labor Day signifies the end of summer: children are heading back to school, the weather begins to cool off, and fall sports are beginning. This three day weekend is a perfect opportunity to celebrate and relax with family and friends. Entertaining for Labor Day can be a great tradition, but what to bring to the table?
We are thrilled to be partnering with Gallo Family this week to inspire you with some Labor Day Entertaining recipes! As you will see, these recipes will not only pair well with wine, but many times the wine is included inside as part of the dish itself! We invite you to join us around the family table along with Gallo Family this week. The 20 recipes included in this week’s menu are made using (or are meant to be paired with) Gallo Family’s new Riesling or their Sweet Red. We hope you’ll bring along some of your favorite recipes and pairings as well.
For more information on Gallo Family Vineyards’ wines and menu pairing ideas, visit their website (where you can also find a store locator). While you’re there, browse more Labor Day recipes. You can also connect with them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube for more inspiration and updates. And, if you’re ready to incorporate Gallo Family into your menu, here is a $1 off coupon to get you started!
Labor Day Beverages:
- German Strawberry Wine Punch (Erdbeerbowle) by Magnolia Days
- Ginger Plum Sangria by Jelly Toast
- Lemon Lime Wine Sparkle by Basic N Delicious
- Watermelon Wine Cooler with Lime by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Labor Day Savory Bites:
- Breakfast Sausages with Apples & Riesling by Webicurean
- Buffalo Ranch Pasta Salad by Foxes Love Lemons
- Clams in White Wine Sauce with Goat Cheese Crostini by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Deconstructed Egg Rolls by Ruffles & Truffles
- Peach Mango Grilled Chicken over Quinoa by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Sausage Mushroom and Bacon Pasta by Family Foodie
- Whipped Feta & Grilled Peach Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Labor Day Desserts:
- Brown Butter Grilled Peach Cupcakes with Riesling Frosting by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mango Riesling Coulis by Run DMT
- Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake by Desserts Required
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars by Alida’s Kitchen
- Peach Granita Sundaes by Melanie Makes
- Peach Riesling Buckle by girlichef
- Riesling Infused Peach and Blueberry Cobbler by In The Kitchen With KP
- Riesling Poached Peaches with Mascarpone Cream by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Wine Ice Cream by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.