Pearl couscous is the hearty base for Italian flavors in this salad. Add grilled chicken or shellfish to switch up the salad for another night. Change out the mozzarella for feta, too. Versatility is key here.
- 1 cup uncooked pearled couscous
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound mozzarella, cubed
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, cut in thin ribbons
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, julienned (and divided)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh arugula (approximately 1 cup per salad)
If you’re looking for more quick and easy Weekday Supper recipes, check out our current Weekday Supper Menu, or drop by our Weekday Supper Pinterest board for more ideas!