I first made Pizza Margherita just before my oldest left for college. Trader Joe’s was new in town, and I discovered their ready to use pizza dough in the refrigerator case. This pizza featuring fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and basil became an instant family favorite and a regular on our meal rotation. My homemade version is even better!
- 1-1/2 cups warm water, 105-115 degrees (use a thermometer)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast, (one ¼ ounce packet)
- 4 cups bread flour or all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounce ball of fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- 2 medium to large garden tomatoes or 4-6 plum tomatoes, cut into thin slices and drained on paper toweling
- Fresh basil, cut into thin strips
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
For more easy and fresh meal options to fit your busy schedule, check out this week’s #WeekdaySupper menu.
We are partnering with American Family Insurance for the #ChooseDreams initiative. For even more inspiration, follow the Family Favorites Turned Healthy #ChooseDreams Pinterest board, or connect with American Family Insurance on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, or LinkedIn!