Potato and Chorizo Bites are one of the easiest appetizers you can make. Thread sliced Idaho® fingerling potatoes and chorizo onto skewers, season and roast! For the finishing Portuguese touch, serve them with piri piri sauce for dipping. They can be served as a starter for your Sunday Supper or even a fun Weekday Supper. Scroll down to join Isabel, aka Family Foodie, by video in her Florida kitchen as she makes these for her family.
Store bought sauce will work well but you can also make your own from this easy Sunday Supper recipe.
- 8 small Chorizo Caseiro or Portuguese style (Mexican Chorizo does not work well in this recipe)
- 2 pounds Idaho® fingerling potatoes (I loved using white, purple and red in this recipe)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder (if you want to kick up the heat, feel free to add more)
- ¼ cup Piri-Piri or Peri-Peri Sauce
- 1 lemon cut in wedges
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- toothpicks to hold the appetizer together
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Remove the casing from the chorizo and slice into ¼ inch medallions
- Slice the fingerling potatoes into ¼ inch slices
- Using a toothpick, alternate skewering the chorizo and potatoes. Approximately 5-6 pieces on each toothpick.
- In a small plate, mix the olive oil, garlic powder, paprika and chili powder. I am a wimp, so this recipe only has a little kick. Feel free to spice it up by doubling the chili powder.
- Roll each of the potato and chorizo skewers in the olive oil mixture until well coated all the way around.
- Place the potato and chorizo skewers on a sheet pan and bake at 375º for approximately 45-50 minutes or until the potatoes are crispy on the outside.
- Remove from oven and arrange the skewers on a large platter with a small bowl of piri-piri sauce. I use mild but many times will use milk piri-piri and hot piri-piri when entertaining.
- Sprinkle with green onion slices and garnish with lemon slices and sprinkle additional lemon juice prior to serving.
LIKE Sunday Supper on Facebook to see our Facebook cooking demonstration videos live – 4 p.m. ET every Sunday – or catch them on YouTube by subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Upcoming recipes are announced each week in our newsletter. Sign up to get great Sunday Supper recipes and all the Sunday Supper news delivered right to your inbox every Thursday!
Need more easy tasty Weekday Supper recipes? It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out our Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.