The potato is one amazing food. Mashed, fried and baked are probably the most popular cooking techniques. But then there’s the stuff that goes with the mighty potato that dresses it up and changes its outlook from meal to meal. Cheese, chili, onions, butter, sour cream … need we go on? It can get fancy (think gratin) and be the most casual of dishes (french fries anyone?)
We are getting hungry already.
We are celebrating National Sunday Supper Day today with our good friends at Idaho® potatoes and a parade of poutine variations. Idaho® potatoes won the Bloggers Choice Award at the 2015 Food Wine Conference and we are delighted that they are sponsoring this very special day. If you haven’t already, join the Sunday Supper Movement by taking the pledge to have dinner with your family on Sunday nights.
Back to today’s recipe theme. Poutine is yet another way to celebrate the versatility of the spud. The Sunday Supper tastemakers are always up for a challenge and today they are putting their spins on poutine without using traditional french fries as the base. What? Yes, they are that creative. Potato pancakes maybe?
Join Sunday Supper and the Idaho Potato Commission for tonight’s 7 p.m. ET Twitter party. The table is set for a super fun event, fitting for the first National Sunday Supper Day. (Remember, it will be celebrated on the second Sunday of January from this year forward.) While you are waiting to join the spudtastic fun, check out this week’s recipes:
- Chicken and Waffles Poutine from Life Tastes Good
- Hashed Browns Poutine Cups with Egg Scramble from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Southern Sausage Breakfast Poutine from Magnolia Days
- Beefy Beer and Red-Eye Gravy Poutine from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Chicken Poutine on Potato Waffles from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cajun Mini Pizza Poutine from Flavor Mosaic
- Creamy Avocado Bacon Poutine Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Indian Spiced Roasted Potatoes with Green Chutney from kimchi MOM
- Loaded BBQ Roast Potato Poutine from The Weekend Gourmet
- Loaded Crab Poutine from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Paneer Tikka Potato Poutine Bites from Soni’s Food
- Poutine Bites with Bacon, Broccoli, Cheddar and Caramelized Onion from Shockingly Delicious
- Beef Rendang Poutine Burger from Brunch-N-Bites
- Crispy Potato Shrimp Poutine with Stir Fry Vegetables from Food Done Light
- Gnocchi Poutine with Fenneled Curds and Gravy from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Greek Chicken Poutine from Curious Cuisiniere
- Italian Poutine Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Portuguese Poutine from Family Foodie
- Spicy Poutine Potato Skins from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Top Sirloin Steak with Crumbled Bleu Cheese, Buttered Mashed Potatoes and Red Wine Gravy from Crazy Foodie Stunts
Plus: Poutine Variations for National Sunday Supper Day from Sunday Supper Movement
Calling all food bloggers to enter the Let’s Poutine contest sponsored by Idaho® potatoes and National Sunday Supper Month. There are three cash prizes plus all winners will get a ticket to the fourth annual Food Wine Conference at Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando, Fl., May 13-15. Recipes must be original and posted on your blog by Jan. 31.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by the Idaho Potato Commission in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are those of the individual bloggers.