As we prepare for our Red Carpet Party for #SundaySupper, it’s time to set the table! It wouldn’t be a celebration without a little bit of glamour atop the table, now would it? These DIY Glitter Vases are so easy to throw together for your viewing party!
You only need a few important materials to complete your vases, and they are all affordable. In fact, most of the items can be found at the dollar store (or your local craft supply store). You could even look within your own cupboards for old vases that need some new life: even better! A little painter’s tape, some ModPodge, glitter, and you’re ready to go. These glitter vases could be customized to add a touch of sparkle to your table for any occasion – pick your glitter color of choice and have fun with it!
The technique is quite simple. Make sure you watch the one minute tutorial below to see how you can put these festive vases on your family table this weekend!
- Vase (or vases)
- Painter's tape (we used 1 inch wide tape)
- Sponge brush
- Wrap a strip of painter's tape all the way around the base of the vase - about ⅓ to halfway up the vase (to desired height). Make sure the tape is secure to the glass.
- Use a sponge brush to apply an even layer of ModPodge to the area underneath the painter's tape.
- Immediately sprinkle the area of the vase with the ModPodge generously with glitter to coat. Shake off any excess glitter.
- Allow vase to dry for 2 or more hours, carefully remove the painter's tape to reveal a clean edge.
- Add water and flowers; set the table and enjoy!
Latest posts by Katie Compton (see all)
- Spinach Artichoke Strata by Helpful Homemade - June 2, 2016
- Strawberry Shortcake Milkshake by Ruffles & Truffles - February 15, 2016