The Florida winter strawberry is a wondrous thing. While most of the country shivers, lucky Sunshine State residents and tourists are noshing on the taste of summer. Sweet, nutritious and colorful, these flavorful strawberries jazz up just about any dish.
This weekend, we’ve been celebrating Florida’s strawberries with our friends at the Florida Strawberry Growers Association. Twenty Sunday Supper tastemakers have visited the fields in Plant City and are experiencing some of the best cuisine to be had at restaurants in nearby Tampa. including Ava, Cask Social Kitchen, Elevage and Edge rooftop bar at Epicurean and the Harry Waugh Dessert Room at the legendary Bern’s Steak House.
The weekend ends with a bang not a whimper tonight with our Sunday Supper Live! Twitter party at 7 p.m. ET. Follow the hashtag #SundaySupper and join the live action from Tampa. The on-location chat will be a lively affair, for sure. In the meantime, check out this week’s Florida winter strawberry recipes:
- Strawberry Bee’s Knees by Go Epicurista
- Strawberries with Balsamic Glaze by Life Tastes Good
- Strawberry Hotteok (Fried Stuffed Pancake) by kimchi MOM
- Strawberry Salsa 2-Ways by Midlife Road Trip
- Strawberry and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries with a Strawberry Dipping Sauce by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Dressing by Momma’s Meals
- Sparkling Strawberry Salad by Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Steak Salad by Family Foodie
Strawberry Main Dishes
- Chicken Fajitas with Strawberry-Jalapeno Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Roasted Balsamic Strawberries and Brie Grilled Sandwich by Sunday Supper Movement
- Savory Balsamic Roasted Strawberry and Basil Grilled Cheese by Pass The Sushi
- Strawberry Bruschetta Chicken by The Dinner-Mom
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Cream Pie by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Fraisier by Love and Confections
- Strawberry Upside-Down Cheesecake by The Crumby Cupcake
Florida Winter Strawberry Recipes by Sunday Supper Movement
Also, you still have chance to win a gift card if you post a strawberry photo on Instagram and tag it #FLStrawberry BY 12:01 P.M. TODAY (Jan. 17, 2016)! Winners will be chosen TONIGHT at random during our #SundaySupper Live! 7 p.m. ET Twitter party from Tampa. Get contest details.
Need more Florida winter strawberry inspiration? Check out the website of Strawberry Sue, also known as Florida Strawberry spokeswoman Sue Harrell, for tips and recipes.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry Growers Association in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Janet K. Keeler
Latest posts by Janet K. Keeler (see all)
- Baked Puerto Rican Meat Pies and More Pie Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement - February 28, 2016
- Strawberry Almond Milk by Sunday Supper Movement - February 15, 2016