Skip the lettuce, tomatoes and salsa. Pulled Pork Tacos with Harvest Slaw serve up juicy, flavorful pork with a slaw made from cabbage, apples, and apricots. This recipe was first published in full on the blog Cindy’s Recipes and Writings. We are pleased to share it with you here for Weekday Supper.
- 4 taco shells (soft or hard)
- 2 cups pulled pork in broth
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium apple, cored and sliced thin
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 cup fresh or canned apricots, sliced
- ¼ cup celery, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or Greek Yogurt
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- Ground pepper and salt to taste
- Place apple slices in a medium-sized bowl. Squeeze ½ lemon juice over apples. Mix. Add cabbage, celery and apricots.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayo, sour cream and seasoned salt. Add to cabbage mixture and stir to coat.
- Heat pulled pork, drain.
- Add pork to taco shells. Top with Harvest Slaw.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.