This Quick Chicken Francese is easy to make, with a wonderful sauce of rich chicken stock, white wine, and lemon slices. Thin chicken cutlets speed up cooking time, so dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes!
This recipe was first published in full on the blog Rants from My Crazy Kitchen as part of a social media campaign for Perdue®. We are pleased to share it with you here for Weekday Supper.
- 1½ pounds thin sliced chicken breast cutlets
- 1 cup Perdue® Signature Chicken Stock
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Pinot Grigio
- ½ cup flour
- ½ a lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl whisk together the eggs and water.
- Dredge chicken pieces, working one piece at a time, in the flour, shake off excess, then dip in the egg mixture.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, fry the chicken for two minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, set aside.
- Whisk together the chicken stock and remaining flour from dredging until well combined. Add the chicken stock, white wine, and sliced lemons to the pan.
- Return the chicken to the pan, spoon the sauce over the chicken, and simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice with some sauce and lemon slices.
We are partnering with Perdue® to present quick and easy meals using their new Signature Chicken Stock. Learn more about Perdue, including The Perdue Way, Where to Buy, Recipes and Tips From the Kitchen, at http://www.perdue.com/ Learn more about PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock here: http://www.perduechickenstock.com/. Join the Perdue Crew to get some pretty sweet rewards. http://www.perduecrew.com/. For even more inspiration, follow the Perdue Pinterest board. You can connect with Perdue on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.
I received PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock from Perdue in conjunction with a sponsored social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.