The Sunday Supper Tastemakers are sharing our best recipes with peaches this week! The peach is a favorite fruit of summer with its fuzzy exterior and sweet, juicy flesh. Lucky for us, peaches are ripe and in season now!
6 Peachy fun facts!
- The peach originated in China and China remains the top producer of peaches in the world. However, in the US, California leads the pack for growing the most peaches. California is followed by South Carolina and then Georgia, even though Georgia is commonly known as the “Peach State.”
- The peach is a member of the rose family.
- There are two basic types of peaches: the clingstone and the freestone. They are just as the names suggest. The clingstone peach has flesh that clings to the stone and is the preferred type for commercial canning. The freestone peach has flesh that easily pulls away from the stone, making it a great choice for recipes with peaches!
- Fresh peaches are in season from May until September in the US.
- A peach and a nectarine are basically the same fruit. The peach has a fuzzy skin and the nectarine does not because of genetics! However, you will find both fruits separated in the markets.
- To easily remove the skin of a peach, mark an x on the skin on the bottom of the peach with a sharp knife and plunge into boiling water for about a minute. With slotted spoon, transfer the peach to a bowl of ice water for a few minutes. Once the peach is cool enough to handle, the skin will slip right off! (This method works for tomatoes too!)
Join us around our virtual table on Sunday as we share our favorite recipes with peaches. And don’t forget to head over to twitter on Sunday 7pm ET for our always fun and lively chat where we’ll be discussing our favorite summer fruit, the peach! Just follow along with #SundaySupper. You won’t want to miss any of our creative recipes with peaches like Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread from My Life Cookbook and Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla from Grumpy’s Honeybunch. Until then, take a peek at what everyone is bringing below and tell us what peachy dish you’ll be bringing to the virtual table this week!
#SundaySupper Recipes with Peaches
- Bourbon & Peach Porkbelly Bites by Girl Abroad
- Cherry-Peach Bruschetta by Dessert Geek
- Grilled Peach Caprese with Blackberry Balsamic by The Crumby Cupcake
- How to Make Peach Gazpacho with Cucumber by Asian in America
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peach Pancakes with Peach Maple Syrup by Magnolia Days
- Peaches and Cream Crepes by A Mind Full Mom
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie Bowl by Family Foodie
- Brandy Peach Lemonade by Nosh My Way
- Citrus Peach Sangria by Sunday Supper Movement
- Dairy-Free Strawberry Peach Smoothie by Cooking Chat
- Frozen Peach Margarita by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peach Ginger Bellini by kimchi MOM
- Peach Whiskey Smash by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Trà Đào (Vietnamese Peach Tea) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Freezer Jam by Peaceful Cooking
Sides & Salads:
- Fresh Peach Cucumber Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Peach Panzanella Bread Salad by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Chicken, Peaches, and Arugula on a Focaccia Roll by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Grilled Peaches and Shrimp Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Peach Glazed Pork Chops and Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
- Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa by Baking Sense
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Any Fruit Custard Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peach Cobbler Minis by April Golightly
- Frozen Peach Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp by Desserts Required
- Grilled Peach Melba by Hardly A Goddess
- Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches by She Loves Biscotti
- No-Churn Peach Pie Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Peaches and Cream Cobbler Popsicles by Crazed Mom
- Peaches and Cream Pie by Cooking on the Ranch
- Peach and Pistachio Tart by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peach Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peach Honey Pecan Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Peach Willy by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Peach and Lime Sorbet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Peaches & Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Simple Peach Cobbler by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Spiked Skillet Peach, Pecan and Blueberry Crumble by From Gate to Plate
- Streusel-Topped Peach Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Pie by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement