One of the surest signs that summer is here is the coming of the 4th of July! People are firing up their grills and buying fireworks, getting ready to celebrate the independence of the United States with food and fun. Are you ready to celebrate? Our tastemakers have come up with some great Sunday Supper recipes and tips this week to make sure you throw your very best Red White and Blue Party!
With the excitement surrounding the holiday, throwing a party might sound stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. You can throw a Red White and Blue Party as memorable as the day itself without hassle or stress. Whether you’re celebrating with just the family or the whole neighborhood, Sunday Supper has you covered! We’ve rounded up some great tips for throwing a memorable Red White and Blue Party.
Red White and Blue Party Tips for a Memorable 4th of July
- While the first thing on everyone’s mind for the 4th of July is probably the food or the fireworks, the star-spangled party decorations don’t fall far behind! Your party-goers will appreciate what you do to decorate for your red, white, blue party, even if it’s simple! The dollar store is a great place to get the perfect decorations on a budget.
- Are you just celebrating with your family, or are you having a big gathering? Either way, you’ll want to consider the layout of your party. If you have more people than chairs, lay out some picnic blankets to create a fun space for guests to sit instead! This is especially a great option for kids’ seating. Check out our Picnic and Outdoor Party Food Safety Tips, and our Top Tips for Family Friendly Barbecues!
- Plan your “menu” ahead of time! If you’re going to be cooking for your Red White and Blue Party, plan everything ahead of time to cut down on stress. Our Sunday Supper tastemakers have prepared their favorite recipes to make this easy! Check out the list below to see the recipes we’ll be sharing on Sunday, and be sure to take a look at our 40+ Easy Patriotic Recipes for even more options.
- Still feeling anxious about cooking? If you have a big party planned, that’s understandable! Consider throwing a potluck. Your friends and family will love being able to contribute to your Red White and Blue party.
- Don’t forget the drinks! In the summer, it’s important to remember to have beverages available for your guests. You could easily set out a cooler, but if you’re looking for a fun, creative option, try our How to: Creating a Beverage Station for your Summer Party!
- Entertaining is important, too! Put on some music, or even set out some games for your guests to play, whether they’re kids or adults everyone will love the festive party atmosphere.
- Let them leave with party favors! Pinwheels are a great, classic option for 4th of July party favors.
Hopefully, you’re feeling more prepared to celebrate your red, white, and blue party for the 4th of July! If you want even more ideas, these Firecracker Hot Dogs and Blueberry Chicken Salad + Picnic Tips recipes are perfect for the holiday.
And be sure to join us this Sunday, July 2nd, at 7PM EST for our Sunday Supper Twitter chat. Our tastemakers will be talking all about their red, white, and blue party tips and recipes. We are looking forward to seeing you there! Tell us your plans for the holiday; we’ll be in the #SundaySupper tag!
Ready to party? Here are 20+ Red White and Blue Recipes That will Make You Want to Party Right Now. You won’t want to miss out on these Sunday Supper recipes!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
And sign up for our newsletter to get great recipes delivered right to your inbox every Thursday!