At every holiday party I host, I serve cocktail shrimp, and I always buy extra to enjoy myself and then use the remaining to make a quick Shrimp Scampi for dinner two days later. Shrimp, a few cloves of garlic, a little onion, good quality butter, and white wine turn simple cocktail shrimp into a savory dinner everyone will enjoy! Serve with whole grain linguine and crusty bread for a complete meal in less than 30 minutes.
This recipe was first published in full on the blog Rants from my Crazy Kitchen. We are pleased to share it with you here for Weekday Supper.
- 1 pound 71/90 count cooked, peeled and de-veined shrimp
- 8 ounces whole grain linguine
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- ½ cup (1 stick) good quality, unsalted butter
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Cook the linguine for the lowest time indicated on the package directions, drain, and return to the pot, stirring in a few drops of olive oil to keep it from sticking.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté the onions until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Pour in the wine or chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Stir in the parsley and pepper, bring to a simmer.
- Stir in shrimp and linguine and cook until the shrimp are hot, about 1 minute.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.