Some chili recipes require hours of cooking. This one, not so much. Skinny Beef Chili is made on the stovetop in less than an hour. Perfect for weekday supper.
- ¼ cup beef broth or chicken broth (no salt added)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound extra lean (96%) ground beef
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14 ounces) can pinto beans (no salt added), rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounces) can black beans (no salt added), rinsed and drained (optional)
- 1 (28 ounces) can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- Shredded low-fat cheese for garnish
If you’re looking for more quick and easy Weekday Supper recipes, check out our current Weekday Supper Menu, or drop by our Weekday Supper Pinterest board for more ideas!