Impress your family with a childhood meal “upgraded” with the use of a few simple ingredients. Fluffy biscuits with a smoky sweet Sloppy Joe mixture will be on the table in no time flat, and have your family singing your praise. This recipe was first published in full on the blog Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen. We are pleased to share it with you here for Weekday Supper.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 package McCormick Sloppy Joe Skillet Sauce
- 1 can (7.5 oz each) refrigerated biscuit dough (10 small biscuits), cut in half crosswise
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and red bell pepper until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ground beef, and cook until the beef is browned. Stir in the frozen corn and McCormick Skillet Sauce. Cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into 2 quart casserole dish. Place biscuits cut side down over hot mixture around edge of baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown.
For more options to meet your weeknight dinner schedule, check out this week’s #WeekdaySupper menu.
If you are looking for more inspiration for easy dinners with McCormick’s Skillet Sauces, make sure you follow McCormick’s Easy Skillet Dinners Pinterest board!
You can find more information on McCormick’s website, become a fan of theirs on Facebook, see what inspires them on Pinterest, and check out their images on Instagram!
This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are our own.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.