As we head into the heat of summer, the slow cooker is our best friend in the kitchen. With just a quick sear in a hot pan, you can add color and flavor to beautiful Certified Angus Beef® bottom round roast chunks, then cook them long and slow, for melt-in-your-mouth slow cooker carne picada.
Recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef® brand. We are delighted to share it here on Sunday Supper. Find more of their wonderful #BestBeef recipes at https://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/recipes
This slow cooker carne picada is great in tacos and burritos or served over rice.
- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® bottom round roast, cut in ½-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 2 (10-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chili
- Pat cubed beef dry with paper towels. Combine flour, chili powder, salt, pepper and cumin; set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy-bottom pan. Sear cubes over medium-high heat in batches until browned.
- Stir in reserved flour blend and tomatoes.
- Transfer beef and tomato mixture to slow cooker. Cook for 3 hours on high.
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bring our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.