This recipe for Sparkling Strawberry Sangria is a much lighter version than the traditional Portuguese sangria. It’s perfect for a fun afternoon and it pairs nicely with anything chocolate. Mix up a batch for mom this Mother’s Day!
This recipe is published courtesy of the Florida Strawberry Growers Association. We are delighted to share it here for Weekday Supper. You can find more of their delicious strawberry recipes on their website.
Ready to stir up a pitcher of sparkling strawberry sangria?
- 6 Florida Strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 mint leaves (chocolate mint leaves if you can find them) , chopped fine
- 1 small bottle (375 ml) of sparkling red wine or champagne (I used Rosa Regale and it was fantastic)
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 lime, sliced thin
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Additional Florida Strawberries for garnish
- Combine the sliced Florida Strawberries, sugar and 4 chopped mint leaves in a pitcher.
- Gently stir and let sit in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Add the sparkling wine, ginger ale, vodka and 4 slices of lime.
- Using a wooden spoon still until well blended.
- Chill or add ice and serve cold.
- Garnish with additional Florida Strawberries, mint or lime slices.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.