Make these flavorful BBQ Chicken Sandwiches in under 30 minutes for a perfect Weekday Supper. Cooked in the skillet with tons of flavor from McCormick’s BBQ Chicken Skillet Sauce and topped off with jalapeños and pepper jack cheese, these are a kicked up version of the classic.
This recipe was first published in full on the blog Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks as part of a campaign for McCormick. We are pleased to share it with you here for Weekday Supper.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts, sliced in half
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package McCormick Smoky Applewood BBQ Chicken and Bacon Skillet Sauce
- 16 slices pickled jalapenos
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 kaiser rolls
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken breast halves and cook for 5 minutes per side.
- Add in the onions and cook for 5 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Stir in the McCormick Smokey Applewood BBQ Chicken and Bacon Skillet Sauce.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Slice the Kaiser rolls in half. Place a chicken breast with some of the onions on each roll, top with 4 pickled jalapeno slices, and then place a slice of Pepper Jack Cheese on top.
If you are looking for more inspiration for easy dinners with McCormick’s Skillet Sauces, make sure you follow McCormick’s Easy Skillet Dinners Pinterest board!
You can find more information on McCormick’s website, become a fan of theirs on Facebook, see what inspires them on Pinterest, and check out their images on Instagram!
This post was sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
And sign up for our newsletter to get great recipes delivered right to your inbox every Thursday!