The steak doesn’t take long to cook at all, and comes out juicy and slightly spicy once it’s sliced up. Perfect for Spicy Grilled Steak Nachos! Why save the good stuff just for weekends? With the melted cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa and sour cream loaded on top, you’ve got a perfect platter of food that everyone will love.
- 2 tablespoons El Yucateco Green Habanero Hot Sauce or use your favorite
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from about one whole lime)
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1.25 lb. chuck sirloin steak
- ⅔ bag of thin, crispy tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, salsa and sour cream, for topping
- In a small bowl whisk together the hot sauce, olive oil, lime juice, garlic and salt. Place the steak in a resealable plastic bag, pour the marinade in the bag, and seal it tightly. Turn the bag over a few times and massage the marinade on both sides of the meat. Refrigerate and allow to sit for up to two hours.
- Preheat the grill to high. Remove the steak from the marinade and place it on the grill, cooking on the first side for about 8 minutes. Turn it over and continue cooking for another 5-8 minutes, or until it reaches your desired degree of doneness. Remove the steak from the grill and allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Preheat the broiler to high. Place the tortilla chips in a single layer on a baking sheet. Lay slices of steak all over the chips, then sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Put the pan in the oven until the cheese is melted and the chips are starting to get crispy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes all over the warm nachos. Place dollops of salsa and sour cream on top, if desired. Serve immediately.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.