Is there anything tastier than a steak and cheese panini is stacked with melted cheese, caramelized peppers and onions? Add a generous swipe of horseradish sauce for a quick and easy dinner with a little kick!
Tammi Forcier originally shared this spicy steak and cheese panini recipe on her wonderful food and parenting blog, Momma’s Meals. Sunday Supper is pleased to share it here with permission as part of #WeekdaySupper, our quest to give our readers recipes for quick and tasty dishes, perfect for their busy nights.
- ½ pound sandwich steak
- 4 slices sliced fresh mozzarella
- 4 slices thick bread
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce (or more for an extra kick!)
- Sauté the peppers and onions in the oil for 5 minutes.
- Stir and add the red pepper flakes (use as much as you’d like.)
- Cover the pan and let them cook for another 5-10 minutes stirring frequently. I like my peppers and onions really cooked.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the sandwich steak to the same pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add a smear of horseradish sauce on each slice of bread, on the inside.
- Add a pile of peppers and onions.
- Top with 2-3 pieces of steak, then 2 pieces of sliced mozzarella.
- Butter the top and bottom of each sandwich and place in a panini maker.
- You can also use a frying pan and use another frying pan on top to press down on it. I also have used a grill press inside a frying pan.
- Let it cook for a few minutes. Check the cheese. Once the cheese is melted your sandwich is ready! Slice and enjoy!
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Pin Spicy Steak and Cheese Panini!