Rich creamy Brie is the perfect counterpoint to the balsamic roasted strawberries in these perfectly decadent Strawberry Grilled Cheese sandwiches. Make a pile for your Weekday Supper tonight!
- 8 fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 to 6 slices hearty white bread, sliced thick
- 1 – 2 tbs butter butter, divided
- Fresh basil
- 1 wedge triple crème Brie (about 5 – 8 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Toss the sliced strawberries in a bowl.
- Whisk the balsamic vinegar and honey together. Toss the strawberries with the balsamic mix to coat. Arrange on a baking dish in an even layer and sprinkle with freshly ground salt.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat your skillet to medium heat.
- Meanwhile, butter one side of each slice of bread. Arrange the strawberries, Brie and basil on half of the bread. Season with a bit of black pepper. Top with the remaining slices.
- Melt remaining tablespoon butter in pan and toast each sandwich on both sides until golden and cheese is getting all gooey and perfect.
- To serve, brush with any remaining balsamic mixture on the roasting pan if desired.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
And sign up for our newsletter to get great recipes delivered right to your inbox every Thursday!
Some more Florida Strawberry recipes you might like:
- How to Preserve Strawberries
- Chicken Fajitas with Strawberry Jalapeño Salsa
- Feta and Strawberry Tabouleh