These Sweet Jamaican Burgers are not just flavored with jerk spices, but also mango nectar and a little cider vinegar. Wait till you see how good they smell when you start to sear them! The mango adds just the right amount of sweetness to the spice, bringing out the best in the juicy ground beef.
This recipe is courtesy of Certified Angus Beef® brand. We are delighted to share it here for Weekday Supper. Find more of their wonderful #BestBeef recipes on their website. We always suggest you use Certified Angus Beef® brand for best results.
- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® ground beef (80/20 blend ideal)
- ½ cup mango nectar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup Jamaican jerk spice rub
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 burger buns (onion rolls work perfectly with this burger)
- In a small mixing bowl, blend together mango nectar, vinegar and jerk spice.
- By hand, combine ground beef, red onion, parsley and spice mixture. Form into six patties; refrigerate for at least an hour (overnight preferred to develop full flavor).
- Grill or pan sear over high heat to a recommended internal temperature of 160°F.
- Grill buns (optional) and assemble burgers.
- Suggested toppings: grilled pineapple, mango salsa, grilled red onion, crispy leaf lettuce
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.