Up until last summer, I had heard the name thrown around, but I would never have gone out of my way to try a cold soup. The concept just seemed wrong.
Then, I had the opportunity to try gazpacho, and I fell in love with the bright, summery, fresh flavors. Classic Gazpacho is quite a simple soup, heavy on the tomatoes with only a few other seasonings and veggies blended in.
But why stop there?
Once you realize the possibility of fresh produce as a cold soup, the sky is the limit.
Like Watermelon Gazpacho.
This unexpectedly delicious blending of watermelon and veggies with hints of lime and basil makes for a perfect light lunch, refreshing snack, or even a great starter to a meal.
- 4 cups watermelon, diced
- 1 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 cups cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve garnished with fresh basil.