When you are looking for hearty meals that bring a taste of home, comfort food recipes are the ones you turn to. These dishes are not only delicious, but they often add a feeling of nostalgia and sentimentality to those who partake in them. This week, Sunday Supper is all about comfort food recipes: perfect for the fall and winter season. You are invited to join us today as we team up with Gallo Family! The menu below features 20 recipes for comforting dishes that are made using (or meant to be paired with) Gallo Family’s wines. This month we are highlighting their fantastic Pinot Grigio and Cabernet Sauvignon. The Pinot Grigio is a refreshing option with crisp flavors of green apple, white peach and citrus. It pairs well with fresh salads, rich seafood and grilled poultry, as well as other acidic food items like lemons and tomatoes. The Cabernet Sauvignon is a full bodied wine with smooth mouth feel and flavors of blackberries and black currants. It is a superb compliment to roasted and grilled meats, bold cheeses, and dark chocolate.
The holiday season we are now entering into is also a time to give back. Gallo Family Vineyards believes no one should go hungry, so they have partnered with the Meals On Wheels Association of America for the Every Cork Counts campaign. From now until December 31, 2014, Gallo Family Vineyards is helping feed families by donating $1 to the Meals On Wheels Association of America for every one of their wine corks that you send them or submit as a photo electronically (up to $50,000). Giving back is easy, so why not get involved? We hope you will begin to collect your corks to submit by the end of the year!
For more information on Gallo Family Vineyards wines and menu pairing ideas, visit their website (where you can also find a store locator). Get connected with Gallo Family on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube for more ideas and updates. Want to incorporate Gallo Family into your Sunday Supper menu? Here is a $1 off digital coupon for Gallo Family wines to get you started.
Take a look at all the comfort food filled recipes and wine pairings the Sunday Supper family has brought to the table today! We hope you’ll join us and bring along some of your favorite recipes and wine pairings as well.
Comforting Appetizers and Beverages:
- Acorn Squash Cheese Spread with Spinach and Artichokes by Ruffles & Truffles
- Pomegranate Mulled Wine by The Messy Baker
Comforting Entrees, Soups, and Stews:
- Beef and Mushroom Pot Pie by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Beef Goulash by Magnolia Days
- Beef Stew with Puff Pastry by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Cheesy French Onion Soup by Life Tastes Good
- Chicken and Corn Chowder by The Girl In the Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken Parmesan Panini by Casa de Crews
- Classic Swiss Fondue by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- French Onion Soup au Gratin Stuffed Meatloaf by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Johnny Marzetti by NeighborFood
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Flatbread by Family Foodie
- White Wine Cream Sauce Poached Shrimp by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
Comforting Side Dishes:
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Parmesan and Dates by Shockingly Delicious
- Stuffed Acorn Squash by Jelly Toast
Comforting Brunch, Desserts, and Sweets:
- Baked Pumpkin French Toast by Alida’s Kitchen
- Cheesecake Bites with Red Wine Chocolate Sauce by Momma’s Meals
- Dark Chocolate Red Wine Cake with Red Wine Raspberry Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gooey Autumn Spice Brownie Cups by Desserts Required
- Pear Streusel Coffee Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.