Summer is coming to a close, and kids are going back to school! For many parents, that means busy weekdays leaving little time for dinner planning and prepping. This week, our tastemakers are serving up their best back to school dinners! From stews to skillets, pasta, sheet pans and more, these Sunday Supper recipes will make dinner planning much easier.
Back to school dinners don’t have to be a hassle. These Sunday Supper recipes are easy to make, and easy to clean up, so that you can sit down with your family and enjoy an easy dinner!
- Easy chicken enchilada tortellini bake from This Gal Cooks is perfect for back to school dinners when you want something simple and quick. It only uses FIVE ingredients and takes just a half hour to make!
- Our Italian pressed sandwich is easy to make and great for any day of the week, but especially for those busy back to school nights! Loaded with delicious meats and cheese, this sandwich is sure to impress you and your family.
- Our one pot chili mac and cheese is ideal for back to school dinners. It’s quick to make and packed with flavor, and what makes it even better is that it’s easy to clean up and the leftovers are perfect for a delicious hot lunch idea!
- Back to school dinners don’t have to be a hassle. Our Baked Ziti with Sausage and Peppers is easy to make and will leave your family wanting more–which is perfect, because this recipe is for ten servings! Makes a great hot lunch too! Just pack it in a thermos to send back to school with the kiddos!
- This tomato-basil stovetop mac and cheese from Iowa Girl Eats is simple and simply yummy, too! Made in one pan in just twenty minutes, this gluten-free mac and cheese fits right on the list of perfect back to school dinners.
- BBQ chickpea sloppy joes from Fork & Beans are classic, kid-friendly and so delicious. You can dress them up with olive eyes and a cornichon nose to make dinner fun, too!
- Zucchini gratin recipe from Wholesome Yum is cheesy, healthy, and so, so good! Zucchini is easy to come by right about now, and perfect for making a low carb dinner that you and your family will love.
- You can’t go wrong with ravioli for dinner! This cheesy baked ravioli skillet from Life Tastes Good is easy to make, made it under thirty minutes, and is SO delicious for the whole family! Back to school dinners never tasted so good!
- Chicken pot pie is a classic dinner, so how about mixing it up? Try this creamy chicken pot pie soup from Life Tastes Good for a no-fuss, soul-warming dinner that your kids will appreciate after a long school day—and you too, after a hard day at work!
Hungry for more? Check out our Mexican Lasagna with Corn Tortillas and 20+ more of our back to school dinners!
Looking forward to less hassle cooking your back to school dinners? Then join us this Sunday, August 13th, at 7PM ET! We’ll be chatting in the #SundaySupper tag over on Twitter all about our back to school dinners and sharing tips and recipes!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.