Omelets and indeed, their Italian cousin, the frittata, are the perfect, quick nutritious Weekday Supper. This easy Gluten-free Balsamic Strawberry Frittata is altogether tasty, filled with onions and cheese, and topped with fresh strawberries tossed with balsamic vinegar.
This recipe is courtesy of the Florida Strawberry Growers Association. We are delighted to share it here for Weekday Supper. You can find more of their delicious strawberry recipes on their website.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 dozen large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 Florida strawberries
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mince the garlic and chop the onion.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil over low heat for 4 minutes. Remove them from the heat.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, pepper and salt together.
- Add the coconut oil to a skillet over medium heat.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet, and sprinkle with the onion and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the sides of the eggs are slightly set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After removing the eggs from the oven, chop the strawberries, basil, and thyme. Toss the strawberries and herbs together with the vinegar and sprinkle on top of the frittata.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
And sign up for our newsletter to get great recipes delivered right to your inbox every Thursday!